by cate sering, library manager
As we transition out of summer, we know that the needs of our community are more important than ever. Whether you are a student, a job seeker, or are looking for the next best read, Saint Paul Public Library is here to respond to community needs with innovation and a commitment to safety. We are doing what we do best: providing resources so you can virtually learn, work, and connect to others.
Distance learners: Whether you are going to school for the first time or continuing your journey of lifelong learning, Saint Paul Public Library has virtual resources to support learners of all ages.
· Library Go – K through 12 students at all Saint Paul Public (and some charter) schools have automatic library access to online resources and physical materials using their school ID. Students can check out up to 5 items with Library Go. Online, they can get homework help from a tutor, find primary resources using our databases, find a book to read or download an audiobook. Always free, and now accessible and integrated into your child’s curriculum. Visit https://sppl.org/library-go/ to find out more.
· Online Storytime – Join us weekly for Live Storytimes on the SPPL Facebook page with stories, songs, and movement to support development and learning for your little learners! Visit https://sppl.org/little-learners/ for recordings of storytimes and lots of other great content.
· Learning Tools – All you need is a library card to access a variety of learning resources from the comfort of your home. Learn a new language, how to create a website, how to access e-books and more! Visit https://sppl.org/digital-library/ to access our learning resources.
· Career Labs – Saint Paul Public Library has partnered with Ramsey County Workforce Solutions to provide workforce services and support to Saint Paul residents as they seek employment, build career skills, and navigate career transitions. Career Lab locations include Daytons’s Bluff, Rice Street, Rondo, and Sun Ray Libraries. To make an reservation call 651-793-1699 and visit us at https://sppl.org/career-labs/ to learn more.
· JobNow! – Access one-to-one help from online job experts including resume assistance, live interview coaching and more every day from 1:00 to 11:00 p.m. Visit https://sppl.org/resources/jobs-careers/ to learn more about JobNow! And other resources.
· Lynda.com – Easy-to-use video tutorials to help you learn business, technical and creative skills right that can be accessed anywhere with your library card. Visit https://sppl.org/learning-tools/courses-and-tutorials/ to learn more.