West 7th Public Library
As the weather gets colder, the St. Paul Public Library is adding new resources each week for your little ones and kids and tweens to sing, play, learn and grow! Our librarians stay connected with families by sharing short videos, newsletters, books and more to help you learn at home.
• Virtual Storytimes: Our children’s librarians bring you a weekly storytimes full of books, songs, and more. Get silly and learn together.
• Ruby’s Report: Enjoy our monthly newsletter especially for babies and toddlers from Ruby the Raccoon. Each newsletter includes activities, rhymes and songs to help build your little ones speaking and literacy skills.
• Storytime @ Home Guides: Check out our themed storytime guides that you can enjoy in your own home anytime. Each guide has links to videos of read-aloud stories, songs and fingerplays, and simple preschool craft and extension activities.
Kids & Tweens
• Bananas in Quarantine: Saint Paul Public Library’s beloved Performing Banana puppets and their families have been hard at work documenting their lives in 2020. Keep your eyes peeled for a new Performing Bananas minisode every week!
• Catch-a-Chapter: Join Miss Carla as she reads aloud the first chapter of favorite kids’ books that can be enjoyed by the whole family. If you like what you hear, borrow the book from the library to continue listening or reading.
• Book Reviews and Recommendations: Check out our staff-curated lists of our favorite books celebrating events, diversity and more. Find your next great read!