Neighborhood NewsLifestyle & WellnessPublic Interest

On My Terms offers more options for sexual violence survivors

There are now more options for reporting sexual violence in Ramsey County. St. Paul – Ramsey County Public Health’s SOS Sexual Violence Services has partnered with the St. Paul Police Department to give survivors more control on how, when and to whom their assault is reported through the On My Terms program.

If the crime occurred in Ramsey County and you are over 18 years old, you can now make an initial report directly to an SOS sexual assault advocate who will deliver the report on your behalf. SOS and St. Paul Police Department now offer three choices through On My Terms on how a sexual assault case can be processed:

  • Report: Your sexual assault advocate will provide your case to the police. You can choose not to have a formal investigation.  
  • Report and Review: After you Report, you can speak with an investigator about your case and discuss what next steps may take place.  
  • Report and Investigate: After you Report, your case will be assigned to an investigator for formal investigation. 

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911. If you would like to report your sexual assault directly to the police, please contact your local police department.

To connect with an SOS sexual assault advocate from Public Health, call the SOS 24-hour Resource Line: 651-266-1000 or via email  
Learn more at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *